Wednesday, January 13, 2021

The Patron Tequila Express


As I was heading toward the RTD light rail train, going home after a walk through uptown and downtown Denver, I spotted the Patron Tequila Express sitting on the track in front Union Station, as seen in the above photograph. Naturally, as soon as I got home, I researched it on the internet, and - surprise - it is owned by John Paul DeJoria, the founder of Patron Spirits Company. It was built in 1927, and is equipped with a gourmet kitchen, dining room, three staterooms, and an observation room. Franklin D. Roosevelt, Clark Gable, and Huey P. Long have all been passengers on the car over the years. I am not sure that touting Huey Long, the Donald Trump of his era, as a guest is such a great idea, but then again, it is not my company. Dan Aykroyd, a good friend of DeJoria, is a frequent traveler on the Patron Tequila Express. And why was it here in Denver? I suspect that the car is DeJoria's preferred method of transportation, and he was here on business. I know for a fact it wasn't open to the public, since I tried all the doors, and all were locked. Be sure to check out the photos on the company's web site at https://www.patrontequila.com/stories/2016-07/patron-tequila-express.html.

No comments:

Post a Comment