Friday, January 29, 2021

Self Portrait With Cow


I took the above self portrait with one of the fiberglass cows that were part of Denver's "Cow Parade" years ago. This one is on the 16th Street Mall, but there are a number of others still around and scattered across the city. The Cow Parade has been held in many cities, including Chicago and Florence, Italy, where the parade was taking place when I visited. Artists purchase blank fiberglass cows, paint and decorate them however they like, and the finished products are displayed across the city. Afterwards, they are auctioned off, and the money is donated to charity. Seeing all these painted cows around town was a lot of fun, and my only regret is that I was not able to purchase one to put on my balcony. And of course, stealing one off the street might attract attention, especially when trying to fit it into your car.

No comments:

Post a Comment