Friday, January 8, 2021

Hanging With Stuart At Spanky's


I had dinner with my friend Stuart - seen in the above photograph - Tuesday night at Spanky's, located just to the west of the University of Denver campus. This was the day before Trump supporters stormed the US Capitol Building, attempting to save democracy by destroying it. Tuesday night we speculated on what would happen Wednesday, and I myself expressed fear that Trump supporters might indeed storm the Capitol, but was mostly worried that they would be armed with AK-47s. Fortunately, the Washington DC police had the foresight to ban weapons in the area where Trump supporters were protesting, and so, in my opinion, things turned out much better than they could have. In a related matter, I was shocked to find that Stuart actually ordered fish tacos for dinner, without anyone even pointing one of those AK-47s at his head. Go figure. I myself, being a health fanatic, ordered barbecued boneless chicken wings and tatter tots, washed down with a couple of happy hour IPAs. At my age, you have to start eating right, after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment