Tuesday, January 19, 2021

It's My 68th Birthday - I'm Old! How? Why?


Yes, today is my 68th birthday. Which reminds me of the line in the movie Breaking Away, when the the mother of the lead character asks her husband, who is recovering from a heart attack, "aren't you happy to be alive?" No, he replies, "I'm happy not to be dead. There's a difference." A line all of us curmudgeons can agree on. And by the way, the above photograph of my sister Susan and I was taken at Disney World back in 1977, the year after my parents Nelson and Mary retired to Stuart, Florida. As I recall, my mother came with us (and took the photo), but my father decided to stay home - he felt that Stuart was Camelot, and therefore, why should he even think of leaving, even for a day? Makes sense to me. And as I look at this photo, I have to say, I don't think I have aged a bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment