Thursday, March 25, 2021

A Denver Zoo Mystery


I went to the Denver Zoo yesterday to take a few photographs, and once again was surprised that the lion pride that includes two year old Tatu and twin lion cubs Oskar and Araali - born not quite a year ago - is nowhere to be seen. Each time I visit the zoo, the four bachelor lions are either in the main compound at Predator Ridge, or in a smaller compound at the back, and seem to be rotating those two spaces with the African wild dogs. Am I going to the zoo on days when the lion family is sheltered inside, and missing them is just a coincidence, or is it something far more sinister? Has the Denver Zoo sold the entire family to a traveling circus to pay expenses during the Covid-19 outbreak? I tried asking one of the bachelor lions, seen in the photograph above, what was happening, but he isn't talking. All he did was give me an enigmatic look. But he's definitely hiding something.

No comments:

Post a Comment