Saturday, March 13, 2021

The Calm Before The Storm...


The television news anchors and weather forecasters here in Denver have been in a frenzy the last few days about a big snowstorm heading to Colorado's front range, which is predicted to deliver 12 to 20 inches of snow to Denver and 15 to 30 inches up in Fort Collins. The storm is supposed to hit around noon today and continue through Sunday night. Will we really get that much snow or not? Some forecasters are hedging their bets by saying that since it will be fairly warm during the storm, a lot of the snow might melt right after it hits the ground, and might not look like as much snow as we actually get. If I was still working, and there was a possibility I might get a day off because of this storm, I would be excited. However, now that I am retired, and will be on the road between Denver and Fort Collins this Monday, I am not all that thrilled about the storm. The weather people want to set new records. I just want passable roads. In any case, the above photograph was taken from my bedroom window on this same day back in 2019. This snowstorm was called "The Bomb Cyclone," and although we only got 6 inches of snow in central Denver that day, the winds were so strong it was classified as a blizzard. Not a great day for a walk, as I recall, and as the person in the photograph is probably realizing.

No comments:

Post a Comment