Saturday, March 20, 2021

The First Day Of Spring!


Today is the first day of spring, and fittingly enough, Denver will see temperatures in the lower 60s, followed by snow on Sunday and Monday, followed by warmer temperatures, followed by snow, etc. etc. etc. This is what they call "Springtime in the Rockies," which sure beats the hell out of the below zero temperatures we were experiencing just a month ago. And will there be more snow and cold on Opening Day for the Colorado Rockies? Considering the amount of money you would have to shell out to buy a ticket to that game, the question is all academic to me. As far as I am concerned, let it snow, snow, snow. And no, I am not bitter. The photograph above, by the way, was taken at sunset in Washington Park a few weeks ago, with Monkey Island, supposedly haunted by a flower child from the 1960s, in the background. I myself make sure I am well away from there after night falls, just in case.

No comments:

Post a Comment