Friday, March 19, 2021

Yesterday's News



I just finished reading Yesterday's News, a mystery novel by R.G. Belsky. Belsky is a New York City journalist, and this is the first book in a series featuring Clare Carlson, a news executive and journalist at a New York television station. The story centers around a promise made 15 years ago by Carlson that she would never stop trying to find a mother's missing 11 year old daughter, which Carlson now has to make good on. I have read all the books in Belsky's Gil Malloy series, about a New York City wise guy newspaper reporter, and really enjoyed them. It appears that Belsky has discontinued that series in favor of the one featuring Carlson. I also enjoyed Yesterday's News, which has a lot of twists and turns and a surprise ending, but still think the Malloy series is better. Have wise guy newspaper reporters gone out of style or become politically incorrect? I guess so. In any case, I recommend starting with the Gil Malloy series and then moving on to the Clare Carlson series from there. Trust me.

No comments:

Post a Comment