Wednesday, March 17, 2021

Happy St. Patrick's Day!


Today is St. Patrick's Day, and here in Denver it is quite a popular holiday. Two years ago, as far as I could tell, virtually every Irish pub's patio was packed, although last year, all the bars and restaurants were closed due to Covid. This year, most bars and restaurants in Colorado can have up to 50% occupancy, and some that have met special state regulations can open to full capacity. I imagine some semblance of normal will therefore be back this year. I am not sure if the signboard on the side of The Wine Seller on 6th Avenue here in Denver, and seen in the photograph above, is a nod to St. Patrick's Day, or just another way of saying "If you've got the money, honey, I've got the time." To celebrate this St. Patrick's Day, I am driving my sister to Greeley, Colorado to get her first dose of the Covid-19 vaccine. I am wondering if they will have a sign at the entrance that says "If you're not wearing green, then no vaccine." I wouldn't be surprised.

No comments:

Post a Comment