Friday, March 26, 2021

Posing For Portraits On A Chilly Day At The Zoo



As I mentioned in yesterday's blog, I went to the Denver Zoo Wednesday afternoon to take a few photographs, despite the cold temperatures. It was pretty windy and overcast when I got there, and most of the animals seemed to be sheltering inside on my first pass. However, as the day went on, the sun came out, and it felt much warmer, prompting a lot of the animals to head back outside, including the four bachelor lions, one of which can be seen posing for me in the photo on the left during my second pass through the zoo.






Surprisingly enough, even the penguins were not out and about at first, either, but decided later on that it was warm enough to venture out, including the one posing in the photograph on the right. I would think that penguins would like the cold, since they hang out in places like Antartica, but I suppose that after living the good life at the Denver Zoo, they have just gotten spoiled. 










The llamas were some of few animals braving the cold when I first arrived at the zoo, and I promptly took the photograph on the left, thinking that might be the only zoo photo I was going to get on this visit. This llama is named either Fernando or Jorge. Both were outside, but I have no idea which is which, and since this llama was willing to pose for the camera, it won the honor of being included in this blog post.







Since there were virtually no monkeys outside, I went into a building called Emerald Island to see if there were any in there, which is where I took the photograph of the monkey in the photograph on the right. I assume this poor thing is trapped inside that building 24/7, which is a very sad thing indeed. And it did look very bitter about it all as I snapped his or her portrait. Sorry I can't help you make a break for it, guy. If I did, I would probably wind up in a cage even smaller than the one you are in, and although I sympathize with you, I have no intention of trading places. 

No comments:

Post a Comment