Thursday, June 24, 2021

A Helpful Summertime Tip For Denver Area Residents


It has been quite hot here in Denver lately, with many days in the 90s, but I still try to get out on my bike as much as possible, despite the heat. Recently, I biked from my condo across the street from the University of Denver to Sloan's Lake and back, and on the way home passed Confluence Park, where Clear Creek meets the Platte River. Not surprisingly, many people were hanging out in the water, as seen in the photograph above. They either don't know or don't care that this water is highly polluted, with E.coli contamination often 137 times above federal safety limits. Fecal matter and other pollutants are common in this river, which suggests to me that people should seriously consider staying the hell away from this body of water. Surely, swimming in fecal matter loses it's charm after a couple of times.

No comments:

Post a Comment