Wednesday, June 16, 2021

Self-Portrait With Blackberry



I took the above photograph of myself and my good friend Blackberry - my sister Susan's black cairn terrier - while we were waiting in front of a King Soopers in Fort Collins for my sister to return from picking up a prescription. Blackberry is a very sociable animal, and greets every person she meets like they are a long lost friend. However, she suffers from separation anxiety, and whines whenever Susan is out of sight. She always remains laser focused on the doors Susan disappears into, keeping a constant vigil until my sister returns. Susan has suggested making Blackberry a service dog, but I keep pointing out the fact that store management might demand to see what services Blackberry provides, and face-licking just doesn't cut it.

No comments:

Post a Comment