Wednesday, June 9, 2021

The June Mutt Of The Month


I took the photograph above of the June Mutt of the Month as I was biking through the Ballpark neighborhood of Denver, just to the east of Coors Field. I suspect he or she is a hipster dog, heading to the River North (RiNo) neighborhood with it's owner. RiNo used to be a factory and warehouse district, and much of it still looks like it. A number of years ago, it began to attract artists and art galleries, thanks to it's affordable rents, but hipsters soon followed, resulting in trendy restaurants, bars, shops, and many pricey new apartment complexes. It still looks pretty ugly to me, but residents seem to focus on the neighborhood's amenities, such as a brewpub on almost every block, most with patios, which is where I suspect that dog and it's owner were heading that afternoon. Which makes perfect sense to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment