Saturday, June 12, 2021

Beach Weather





Although it is still - technically - spring, we have had quite a few days in the 90s this month here in Denver, and next week weather forecasters predict several days reaching 100 degrees. This is definitely beach weather. But of course, Denver is a thousand miles away from any large body of water, making me nostalgic for Stuart, Florida once again, where my mother Mary lived for almost 30 years. The photograph on the left is of my mother and sister Susan at Stuart Beach back in August of 1997.





Another favorite spot in Stuart, along the ocean, was the House of Refuge, a lifesaving station built in 1876, and now a museum. It can be seen in the background of the photograph on the right, which I took of my mother and sister back in August of 1996 (and yes, August was the month we often headed down to Stuart. It was hot, but the water was warm, and there was always a breeze off the ocean). I find it hard to believe that this photo was taken almost a quarter century ago. Where does the time go?

No comments:

Post a Comment