Monday, June 14, 2021

The Highlands Street Fair And The ASLD Summer Art Market - Postponed!


Both the Highlands Street Fair, located in Denver's Highlands neighborhood, and the Art Student League of Denver's Summer Art Market, situated around 2nd and Grant Streets, were supposed to take place this past weekend. However, they have both been postponed until the weekend of August 28th. This past Saturday afternoon, I was planning to wander the Highlands Street Fair, and then visit the Summer Art Market on Sunday, but after double-checking the dates on the internet, I realized that was not going to happen. But no matter - I am featuring a photograph of my friend Joe Higgins, taken at the Summer Art Market back in 2019. Joe teaches printmaking at the Art Student League, and has a booth at the Summer Art Market each year. He also works part-time at the University of Denver Bookstore, where I worked as the Finance Manager for almost 30 years before "retiring" due to the store being outsourced. But I digress. Be sure to check out Joe's artwork at https://www.joehigginsmonotypes.com/.

No comments:

Post a Comment