Friday, June 18, 2021

The Zoo Part II






As I mentioned in yesterday's blog, I went to the Denver Zoo this past Wednesday afternoon despite the 100 degree heat. The hot weather seemed to bother some of the animals more than others. The orangutans all preferred to stay inside and chill. I took the photograph on the left of the baby orangutan trying to get food out of a brick shaped object placed there by zookeepers. As I have said before, food is the number one priority of Denver Zoo animals, even if they have to go through hoops (or brick-like objects) to get it.






On the other hand, all of the mandrills were out and about, including the baby mandrill seen in the photograph on the right. This little guy was as lively as ever, despite the heat, alternating between running around it's compound and stopping to snack on the vegetation. Both the baby orangutan and baby mandrill are several years old now, but still look like babies, as opposed to the zoo's twin lion cubs. The last time I was at the zoo, having not seen those cubs in a while, I did not recognize them until another zoo visitor pointed them out. They are only a year old, but to me look almost fully grown. How quickly they stop being cute and cuddly. Time for more cubs, Denver Zoo officials. Do something about it!

No comments:

Post a Comment