Tuesday, June 22, 2021

The June Issue Of Chicago Magazine


I was pleased to find that the June issue of Chicago Magazine had several interesting articles, including one titled "The 20 Smartest, Greenest Places to Buy a Home Right Now." Among those neighborhoods were South Shore, a South Side Community along Lake Michigan that includes Rainbow Beach, where my family and I sometimes went during summers long past; Bridgeport, where Mayor Richard J. Daley lived his entire life and where Comiskey Park, home of the Chicago White Sox, and it's successor, Guaranteed Rate Field, is located, as well as Woodlawn, located just south of Hyde Park and the University of Chicago, considered a very dangerous neighborhood back when I lived in Chicago. There was also an article about great bike trails to ride during the summer, including one that starts in the Dan Ryan Woods and meanders through the very upscale Beverly neighborhood, located just to the west of Brainerd, the South Side neighborhood where I grew up. As a youngster, I biked that same area many times, and I think it might be time to do so again. A good issue indeed. Be sure to pick up a copy at your local newsstand today.

No comments:

Post a Comment