Friday, June 4, 2021

Denver's Blue Bear Is Still There!


I passed by The Blue Bear the other day during one of my walks through downtown Denver, and decided to feature it once again on my blog. The official name of this artwork is "I see what you mean," and features a huge blue bear looking inside the windows of the Colorado Convention Center. It was created by the late Lawrence Argent, who was a professor at the University of Denver School of Art, and instantly became a favorite of both locals and tourists. It is by far the best piece of public art in Denver. Of course, considering what most of the public art in Denver looks like, that is setting a pretty low bar. If you don't believe me, just try googling "Denver" and "The Dancers," and you'll see what I mean.

No comments:

Post a Comment