Thursday, June 3, 2021

Odell's Brewhouse Patio Is In Full Summer Mode




My sister Susan and I (along with Susan's dog Blackberry) have visited Odell Brewing Company's Brewhouse patio in Fort Collins several times now, and whether on a weekday afternoon or a holiday like Memorial Day, it is always packed. Which makes sense, since the beer tastes great and the patio is beautiful, as seen in the photograph on the left. Sitting there, Susan reminisced about how when she was a little girl, our parents, Nelson and Mary, used to bring her along with them to a beer garden in Glenwood, Illinois. One time, when everyone got up to dance, Susan started to go around to all the tables and kill off the beer that remained in the bottles. I think that is referred to as being precocious.




Susan actually prefers wine to beer these days, and one of the reasons we decided to visit the brewery is because Susan heard that Odell Brewing now has a winery, located right next door, and which features it's own patio. When I placed my order at the beer garden, I asked if I could bring my beer next door to the winery, so that my sister could order a glass of wine there, and was told that was not allowed. Since the winery is on the same property, I can only assume that there must be bad blood between Odell beer and wine drinkers. I suspect the brewery got tired of the constant fist fights between the two groups, and now keeps them separated to prevent more violence. Makes perfect sense to me.  

No comments:

Post a Comment