Sunday, October 3, 2021

Biking The Chicago Lakefront


I took the above photograph of my sister Susan while she, my late brother-in-law George, and I went on a bike ride along Chicago's lakefront back in April of 1973. At the time, I was attending the Illinois Institute of Technology, and living with my parents, Nelson and Mary, in Country Club Hills, Illinois - a Southern suburb of Chicago which has no country club, or for that matter, any hills - while Susan and George lived in a beautiful old apartment building in the heart of Flossmoor, just a few miles away. Those were great times, and I miss them very much. Chicago, too. Sadly, you can't go home again, as Thomas Wolfe once said, and even if I could, moving all the stuff I have accumulated over the past 40 years here in Denver would kill me for sure. Best to just stay here and visit when I can.

No comments:

Post a Comment