Sunday, October 31, 2021

Happy Halloween!



Today is Halloween, a favorite holiday here in Denver, as well as the rest of Colorado. In fact, this past Friday night, 2,000 people showed up in Boulder, hoping to recreate the Pearl Street Mall Crawl, causing significant damage to that area. Years ago, the Pearl Street Mall Crawl, a Halloween tradition, drew thousands of people each year, finally causing the city to block all roads into Boulder, in order to finally put an end to that annual event. I myself prefer a much more laid back Halloween, and fondly remember the days when my sister Susan and I would visit our mother Mary, seen in the photograph on the left, at her condo in Stuart, Florida, during that holiday period. This photo was taken in the year 2000, just before our world changed forever, very much for the worst. Back then, we would walk around Old Town Stuart, go to the beach each day, and have a very mellow Halloween. I miss those days very much.






My favorite Halloween photograph is the one on the right, of my mother and sister, that I took at an arts and crafts fair in Vero Beach, Florida many years ago. This photograph was actually taken in August, long before Halloween, but unfortunately, we decided not to buy those ghost decorations, which would surely have been a hit in front of my mother's Stuart, Florida condo. In any case, have a Happy Halloween, and try to avoid going to any and all Halloween crawls.

No comments:

Post a Comment