Friday, October 29, 2021

Fall At The Fort




As I mentioned in yesterday's blog, the fall foliage is quite beautiful in Denver this year. It is also very nice up in Fort Collins, too, where I took the photograph on the left at Colorado State University's Annual Flower Trial Gardens. The school tests and analyzes more than 1,000 plants each year, and the gardens are very popular with the entire Fort Collins community. Of course, it is quite a struggle to keep my sister Susan from picking some of those flowers, which might possibly result in an arrest for plant theft, a Class 1 felony in the State of Colorado. And by the way, CSU's University Center for the Arts can be seen in the background of the photo.





Fall is also a great time to hang out on Odell Brewery's dog friendly patio, seen in the photograph on the right. It is a fun, mellow place that attracts a wide spectrum of people, including students, seniors, gatherings of co-workers, and hipsters, such as my sister Susan and myself. As sunset comes earlier, and temperatures drop, I suspect people will start fighting each other for those spaces by the fire. I wonder if Odell takes reservations?





And, of course, the days are indeed getting shorter. In just over a week, we will turn the clocks back one hour and the sun will be setting before 5:00 in the afternoon along Colorado's Front Range. I personally feel that we should have year round Daylight Savings Time, but since half the people surveyed favor this option, and the other half favor year round Standard Time, I don't think that will ever happen. I guess we will just have to start happy hour a little earlier, like noon.

No comments:

Post a Comment