Tuesday, October 19, 2021

San Francisco - A Beautiful City With Not A Single Available Parking Spot


As I mentioned in yesterday's blog, my sister Susan and I just returned from a road trip from Colorado to California. Our first stop was San Francisco. Unfortunately, we visited on a Sunday. This day happened to be the finale of "Fleet Week," featuring a massive air show, and it was also the day the Italian Heritage Parade on Columbus Avenue took place. Every resident of San Francisco was evidently required to attend these events. Since Susan and I had her dog Blackberry in tow, we had driven into San Francisco instead of using public transportation, and every place we went - Russian Hill, Pacific Heights, Fisherman's Wharf, you name it - there was not one parking space available. I was only able to take the photograph above of the view from Lombard Street because a woman in the car in front of us was standing up through the sunroof taking selfies, giving me time to snap a few photos. God bless her for that.

No comments:

Post a Comment