Sunday, October 17, 2021

It's Mid-October - Best Time Of The Year In Florida!


It has been a while since I was last in Stuart, Florida, where my sister Susan and I own the condo that our parents Nelson and Mary retired to back in 1976. We are currently renting it to pay expenses, and I suspect our tenants would not be happy if we headed down there and asked to "crash" in the living room. We used to head down there quite often to visit when our parents were alive, and I remember October being especially nice. The weather was cooler, it was still light enough to dine along the water and admire the view, and the "snow birds" had not yet arrived, meaning less traffic and no waiting for tables at restaurants. I wish I was there now. The photograph above, by the way, is of my father looking very jolly during a walk through Circle Bay, the condo complex next door to my parent's condo building. Dad thought Stuart was Camelot, and just loved living there. He only had 7 years of retirement there before he passed away, but at least he was able to have those years to enjoy after a lifetime of working at a job he hated. There is at least some comfort in that.

No comments:

Post a Comment