Monday, October 18, 2021

Blackberry's Excellent Adventure


My sister Susan and I have just returned from a 9 day road trip from Colorado to California and back. We brought Susan's dog Blackberry with us, and I must say, traveling with a dog really changes what you can and cannot do. In fact, Blackberry often seemed to be in charge. The last time we went on a road trip, we left the dog in the motel room when we went to dinner, and as soon as we got to the restaurant, I received a call from the front desk telling me that Blackberry was barking non-stop, and they were getting a lot of complaints. I then had to drive back to the Motel 6 and get her. Because of that, on this trip, we had to dine outside each night, and only patronized dog friendly venues. Also, since dogs are not welcome on public transportation, we had to drive everywhere we went, which made life kind of hellish in San Francisco, as you can well imagine. Blackberry, by the way, decided that she wanted to sit on my lap and help me drive the entire trip, although I didn't actually let her take the wheel. Sitting on my lap for over 3,000 miles, we did seem to bond. And Blackberry really appeared to enjoy herself, full of energy and wanting to explore - and smell - virtually everything she encountered. Glad you had a great time, Blackberry!

No comments:

Post a Comment