Saturday, July 2, 2022

Biking Down The 16th Street Mall


I went for a bike ride from my condo across the street from the University of Denver to Lower Downtown the other day, going down the 16th Street Mall along the way. Just for the hell of it, I took a self portrait in front of one of the fiberglass cows from the "cow parade" that took place here many years ago. This was a charity event that has been held in many cities throughout the world, including Chicago and Florence, where it was taking place when I visited there. Artists are chosen to paint on blank fiberglass cows, which are then placed on display throughout the city. Afterwards, they are auctioned off for charity, and there are still a number of them left around Denver, including two on the 16th Street Mall. I really enjoyed that event, and wish Denver would host it again. That is probably wishful thinking, unless I want to take the initiative and organize it myself. Like that is going to happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment