Friday, July 29, 2022

Whatever Happened To Little League?


I took the above photograph of Lacrosse Camp at the University of Denver one morning while I was walking my sister Susan's dog Blackberry. I was amazed at the number of kids there - learning to play lacrosse, no less. Do kids not play Little League baseball anymore? Is it all lacrosse and soccer during the summer?  A lot of universities like DU are not helping. When DU's long-time baseball coach retired, the school eliminated the baseball program and replaced the baseball field with a parking lot to satisfy Title IX requirements. This from a school that was regularly visited by major league baseball scouts. The world turned upside down in my opinion. But after all, I am just an old curmudgeon. And damn proud of it, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment