Thursday, June 22, 2017

A Ritchie Center Kind Of Sunset


I spent a rare evening at home yesterday - the first day of summer - which I believe is the longest day of the year.  And as long as I was home, I decided to take the above photograph of the University of Denver's Ritchie Center from the balcony of my condo.  Once again (Yes! Again!) it shows a beautiful Colorado sunset coming just after a day when the temperature reached 98 degrees.  It seems everybody in Denver is complaining about the heat.  The only person I met who wasn't complaining was a lady I delivered groceries to this week who recently moved here from New Orleans.  She likes the weather here just fine, especially compared to the humidity hell that is New Orleans.  At least in Stuart, Florida you have the ocean breezes. New Orleans just has alligator filled swamps.  Which is not to say it isn't lovely there, especially if you happen to like humidity.

No comments:

Post a Comment