Friday, June 16, 2017

Unnatural Acts


The Action Center in Lakewood, Colorado holds the "Beautiful Junk" sale every March and October at the Jefferson County Fairgrounds, and I make a point of showing up for the last hour of the sale, when you can buy a shopping bag full of books for $10.  There always seems to be a lot of  Stuart Woods paperback mysteries available, and so after I grab everything I really want, I grab some of these to round out the bag.  I was waiting to get some books from the library that I had requested, and so in the meantime decided to give Unnatural Acts, a Stone Barrington mystery,  a try.  I have read other Stuart Woods mysteries before and I must say they are nothing extra - not horrible, but nothing you would put a request into the library for. Unnatural Acts was okay - it passed the time, and was a quick read, but once again nothing extra.  And happily, the Denver Public Library called yesterday to tell me that Little White Lies, the new Spenser mystery by Ace Atkins (picking up where Robert Parker left off after passing away) is ready to pick up. Now that is something to look forward to.

No comments:

Post a Comment