Sunday, June 25, 2017

Hanging Around The Zoo


I didn't have to start work at my part-time job yesterday until 3:30, and so was able to spend the early afternoon at the Denver Zoo, where I spotted this orangutan just hanging around it's compound.  And I must say, it was not easy getting into the zoo yesterday.  The weather was nice - sunny and not too hot or cold - and so every parking space at the zoo was taken.  You had to drive around and around looking for a spot, hoping someone was pulling out just as you approached.  If someone was, and you were not the first car, long lines would develop behind the car waiting for the spot.  Still another sign that Denver is growing way too fast.  As I was leaving, I looked at the license plates of the various cars:  Texas, Arkansas, Nebraska, Montana, and, of course, my favorite - California.  And inside the zoo, everyone in Denver seemed to be there.  No wonder it was so slow at my part-time job when I got there.

No comments:

Post a Comment