Thursday, June 15, 2017

Baseball Nostalgia


The Colorado Rockies are in first place and pennant fever is strong in Denver.  That is all well and good, but these days I think I prefer minor league baseball to the major leagues.  The seats are much cheaper, you are much closer to the action, you can park right next to the stadium, and they always have a lot of fun promotions every inning.  One of my favorite minor league ballparks is Roger Dean Stadium in Jupiter, Florida, home of the single A Jupiter Hammerheads and Palm Beach Cardinals.  I took the above photograph of my mother Mary one summer evening when I was visiting my mother down in Stuart, Florida. She wasn't all that crazy about baseball, but was always a good sport and would go to the game with me when I was down there.  A great way to spent a pleasant Florida evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment