Wednesday, June 14, 2017

An Inland San Francisco?


I was walking back to my car after visiting the Art Student's League of Denver's Summer Art Market this past Sunday afternoon and took the above photograph of The Rosebud Cafe (must be some kind of Citizen Kane reference).  The Rosebud is located in a tree-lined neighborhood of old Victorians and trendy new apartments.  The population seems to be on the young side, and you can feel the vibrancy of the place.  It reminded me a lot of those little neighborhoods in San Francisco with all the inviting Victorian homes and fun little business districts.  It is certainly much cheaper to live here than in San Francisco, but unfortunately I recently read that  Denver is the most expensive city in the country between the two coasts.  More than Santa Fe, New Mexico?  Unbelievable.  Who would have thunk it?  But I must say, I have lived in Denver for 36 years now, and while real estate prices have gone up like this in the past, they have always come down again.  Always.  So my advice to prospective buyers is to wait a while, buy low, and then sell high, instead of the other way around.  Just call me a financial genius.

No comments:

Post a Comment