Tuesday, June 13, 2017

More On The Annual Summer Art Market...


This past weekend, for the first time in several years,  I was able to attend the Art Student League of Denver's annual Summer Art Market. It.is one of the first big art festivals of the season here in Denver, and it is one of my favorites.  The art is very good, the prices are reasonable, and it takes place at 2nd and Grant Streets in one of Denver's nicest neighborhood.  The streets are tree-lined and filled with old Victorians, and there are nice little cafes and coffee shops scattered around the area.  It is also only a short distance from downtown.  How great is that?  And no, despite the reasonable prices, I did not buy any artwork.  Not only do I not have a place to hang any more paintings, I am on a tight budget these days, and art is not on it.  Plus I am a cheapskate. What more can I say?  In any case, be sure to check out the Art Student's League of Denver's website at http://asld.org/.

No comments:

Post a Comment