Tuesday, June 6, 2017

Now That's A Skyline...


As I mentioned in yesterday's Blog, I have never been impressed with Denver's skyline.  Since I originally came from Chicago, I naturally compare Denver with Chicago's skyline.  I know that Chicago is the third largest metropolitan area in the country, and that it is unfair to compare it with a medium sized city like Denver, but I don't care.  This line of thought led me to dig out the above photograph I took back when I lived in Chicago.  It was taken in the early 1970s, during a bike ride along Chicago's lakefront with my sister Susan and brother-in-law George.  Now THAT's a skyline.  And I also know it is unfair to compare Denver's cityscape with the Chicago lakefront, but once again I don't care.  Nothing can compare to that vista.  Now if you will excuse me, I am going to play the song "Running Lake Shore Drive" a few hundred times.  Here it is at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YOrdtmG2IMM.

No comments:

Post a Comment