Saturday, June 17, 2017

The Esplanade


I took the above photograph of The Esplanade - which runs between City Park and Colfax Avenue - the other morning after I parked my car at the garage next to the local Denver Bookstore where I work as the bookkeeper.  East High School can be seen on the right, quiet now that school is out and summer is just over the horizon.  Denver is a very pretty city, with many parks and greenspaces and parkways, not to mention old, tree-lined neighborhoods throughout the city.  In recent years it has also become quite unaffordable, and I read somewhere it had become the most expensive city in the country between  the two coasts.  The good with the bad, I guess.  And we can't send all those Californians back at this point.  Or can we?

No comments:

Post a Comment