Thursday, June 29, 2017

Celebrating Stuart's Birthday!


I drove out to beautiful, exotic Lakewood, Colorado yesterday evening to celebrate my friend Stuart's birthday at the Old Chicago Pizza and Taproom.  Stuart (seen in the photograph above) claims this is his 40th birthday.  Now, perhaps I am just experiencing early Alzheimer's,  but I seem to remember hiring Stuart to work at the Hatch's Bookstore at the long gone University Hills Mall ( located on the site of the King Sooper's Grocery Store where I recently worked) back in 1981.  That was 36 years ago for all you non-math majors, which means Stuart was 4 years old when I hired him.   For the life of me he seemed older than that.  But that's probably my faulty memory playing tricks with me.

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I guess he says that he is 40 years old, because his heart feels 40.

    ReplyDelete