Wednesday, June 28, 2017

An Ironical Last Day At ClickList


Yesterday was my last day at the local King Sooper's Grocery Store where I have worked for the past 5 months or so, taking orders from customers off the web, filling them, and delivering the groceries to the customer's car when they arrive at the store.  It was an easy job, and the people I worked with were nice, but the main reason I started there was to help pay the expenses for my sister and my condo in Stuart, Florida.  We finally rented it on the first of March, but I hated to quit right away after what seemed like 30,000 hours of training videos.  However, working 7 days a week, some days over 12 hours, began to get old.  I gave a month's notice (I am, after all, almost impossible to replace), and yesterday was my last day. Ironically, the man who is renting our condo in Stuart called me earlier in the afternoon and told me he bought a unit in the next building, and that he would be gone by August 1st.  Perfect.  If he let me know a month earlier, I probably would not have quit, so it is a good thing he called today.  The more I think about it, the more I think I should only rent the place during the season (January through March), and use the place myself the rest of the time.  Time to spend a little bit of that retirement savings now, and take a break from the 7 day, 12 hour work schedule. And no crying about it- not too much, anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment