Saturday, May 4, 2013

A Chance Encounter!


I was on Santa Fe Drive here in Denver yesterday evening for the monthly Art Walk and ran into Carol,  my friend and former colleague at the DU Bookstore, and her husband, who were also taking in the local art scene.  Carol is an accomplished artist in her own right (www.caroltill.com), and exhibits her work at the Spark Gallery and Zip 37, among other venues.  She will also be exhibiting her work at the Art Students League Summer Market this June, which is the most enjoyable art fair in Denver.  As I walked around last night, I couldn't help but notice that the most popular venues were the Art of the Food Truck and the Art of the Brew Pub.  Lines were long at both places.  At the Renegade Brew Pub at 9th and Santa Fe, the place was so crowded, you risked being suffocated if you tried to approach the bar.  However, for a dedicated artiste like me, it was worth the effort.  One must suffer for one's art.

No comments:

Post a Comment