Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Last Night I Dreamt I Went To Manderley - I Mean Mangalore - Again


Due to recent events, I will not be traveling out of the country on a vacation anytime soon.  Because of this, I am getting heavily involved in helping my friend Valarie plan her trip to India this December.  Valarie and her daughter Cheyanne (see yesterday's Blog) will be attending a wedding in Madikeri, in the south of India,  and will then tour the rest of the country.  I have been getting so involved in this project that I feel myself becoming one with India, as the above photograph shows.  In any case, I have suggested to Valarie several times that she needs to tour the famous Dharavi slum in Mumbai, in order to get an idea of how so many people in that country live.  I cannot believe how much she is dragging her feet on this issue.  She says she prefers a safe, relaxing, peaceful, and cheerful vacation.  Can you believe that?  Me either.

No comments:

Post a Comment