Sunday, May 26, 2013

Opening Day At Arapahoe Park


Today was Opening Day at Arapahoe Park, the Denver metro area's only horse racing track, conveniently located - as far as I can tell - very close to the Kansas border.  The park's website stated that no cameras were allowed inside, but fortunately, the paddock was visible from the parking lot, so I was able to take a few photographs anyway.  I am not sure why cameras are banned.  Perhaps management is worried that if people start taking photographs of some of the racetrack regulars, and the photos start to circulate, it will scare off the rest of their customers.  In any case, I bet on five races, basing my wagers on the time honored handicapping tradition of picking the snappiest names, and still did not win any races. Go figure. Could these races be fixed?

No comments:

Post a Comment