Saturday, May 11, 2013

Party Time!



Yesterday a large group of current and former DU Bookstore employees got together at Jordan's Irish Pub across the street from the University of Denver.  It was organized by Wally (in the top photograph on the left, sitting next to Mark, a good friend of the Bookstore).  Wally, by the way, is also known around the store as "Mr. Party." In any case, the get-together was to celebrate the early release of both Patti (in the bottom photograph on the left) and me (on the right) from the service of the Follett Corporation run DU Bookstore.  I was very touched by the large turnout.  Even Darren, who supervises the Pioneer Card Office below the Bookstore, was there.  I was also very touched by that, until he told me that he was there with another group and just came over to say hello.  As long as he was there anyway, he decided to wish me well, but I wasn't quite as touched anymore.  In any case, thanks for coming everybody!  I appreciate it.

No comments:

Post a Comment