Thursday, May 30, 2013

Coyote Warning!


South Central Denver, where I have lived for the past 25 years, is evidently experiencing a severe coyote problem.  I was walking along the "Historic Buchtel Trail" near my condo yesterday, and ran across the warning sign seen in the above photograph.  Just by coincidence, I had breakfast with my friends Chris and Jim that very morning, where the conversation turned to the subject of coyotes.  Chris mentioned that coyotes often travel in packs, and it is a well known fact that besides pets and small children, packs of coyotes often attack and drag off both the elderly and the unemployed, who save money by walking everywhere and who are often weak from hunger.  This could be the reason why unemployment claims are down so much here in Colorado.  Stay alert people!

No comments:

Post a Comment