Saturday, May 25, 2013

Getting Down To The Gritty-Nitty of Bicycling


I had lunch with Darrel and Chris - my former DU Bookstore Accounting Office coworkers - a few days ago at the Pioneer Inn, just down the street from the University of Denver.  After lunch, I walked with Darrel back to his office in DU's Chemistry Department and took the above photograph.  Darrel plans on going back to Iowa this July and taking part in that state's famous RAGBRAI (the Des Moines Register's Annual Great Bicycle Ride Across Iowa).  Unfortunately, Darrel has been a bit under the weather lately, and won't be able to start training for the ride until June 1st.  No problem!  Chris' husband Jim - a devoted bicyclist - and Bill - the former Operations Coordinator of the DU Bookstore and a former bike racer - intend to whip Darrel into shape no matter what.  As for me, I intend to drive the Team Darrel Support Vehicle.  No thanks are necessary, guys!  My pleasure!

No comments:

Post a Comment