Friday, May 31, 2013

What's The Deal?


My mother lived in the town of Stuart, Florida for almost 30 years, and so I am very familiar with that area of the country.  My sister and I still own her condo down there, and so I tend to keep up with what is happening there via the internet.  Today I noticed a news story on the Stuart News website (see photograph above) that featured the arrest of a fugitive near the Treasure Coast Mall in Jensen Beach.  I was truly amazed that not only did the police officers allow their photograph to be taken, but that they were actually posing for the camera.  Not only that, but one of the officers in the photograph was actually smiling.  If I ever tried to take a photo of Denver police officers making an arrest, they would have tasered me - or more likely just shot me where I stood.  Is it just me personally, is it a matter of a big city police force versus a small town operation, is it bad karma sent to me by the Photo Fairy, or what?  I honestly don't know the answer, but I do have to say "Keep On Smiling, Jensen Beach Police!"

No comments:

Post a Comment