Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Cruising Into Dry Dock


I went to the horse races for the second time in my life this past weekend.  The first time was at the now long gone Centennial Race Track around 1983, a real pit if there ever was one.  This time I went to Arapahoe Park, the Denver metro area's only horse racing facility, a modern and attractive operation located somewhere near the Kansas border. It was a very pleasant afternoon, but everywhere I looked were advertisements for the Dry Dock Brewing Company.  Talk about subliminal advertising.  On the long drive home after the 9th race, I drove right by - you guessed it - the Dry Dock Brewing Company.  In spite of myself, I had to stop and have a couple of pints.  The beer is great, and they have a nice outdoor patio where you can sit at a picnic table and look out at - my God, is that Aurora?  I drunk up and immediately headed home.  Nothing personal, Aurora.  I am just severely allergic to suburbs.  You do have nice breweries, though.

No comments:

Post a Comment