Sunday, March 23, 2014

Beautiful Junk!


I went to the Action Center's semi-annual "Beautiful Junk" sale at the Jefferson County Fairgrounds to find some used book bargains yesterday afternoon. During the last hour of the sale, you can fill a large bag with all the books you can fit in for $7.50.  My friend Valarie is the Office Manager of the Action Center, and as you can see from the above photograph, she was just overjoyed to have her photo taken and featured on this Blog for the second time this week.  As for the sale, I was kind of disappointed with my selections this time.  I usually find a lot of great hardcover novels, but this year some guy (no doubt a used book dealer) had a shopping cart filled with four huge boxes when I arrived, grabbing every hardcover novel he could get his hands on. He was back with a new shopping cart a short time later, too.  I guess losing out on some great books by not arriving earlier is just the price you pay for being a major cheapskate.  But I'm not bitter about it, not me!

No comments:

Post a Comment