Sunday, March 2, 2014

Let's Play Ball...


Friday marked the start of baseball spring training games in Florida and Arizona, and to celebrate this momentous occasion, I got in my car Saturday afternoon, tuned in to a Colorado Rockies game on the radio, and drove down to the Coors Field Box Office to buy a few weeknight "Rockpile" tickets.  Rockpile seats are horrible, but cheap.  What they do, however, is get you into the stadium and allow you watch the game standing behind the infield seats.  Unfortunately, I found out yesterday that the Rockies no longer sell these tickets for $1 in advance to old geezers (those over 55) like me any more.  If you want to pay just a buck, you can only buy these tickets 2 hours before game time - if there are any still left, that is.  It has been my experience that Rockpile seats on game day are about as rare as snowballs in hell.  Therefore, I wound up paying the exorbitant price of $4.00 per ticket.  The Colorado Rockies are evidently trying to pad their bottom line on the backs of old people.  Not that I'm bitter, of course.

No comments:

Post a Comment