Saturday, March 8, 2014

Retiree Night At The DU Hockey Game


Last evening was University of Denver Retiree Night at the DU Hockey game.  I got two free tickets and was going to go with my friend Stuart, but at the last minute, Stuart had to cancel.  I had been planning to take his photograph at the game for this Blog, so I decided to print out an old (a 30 year old, no less) photograph of him wearing his (once) trademark Groucho glasses and photograph that instead.  As for retiree night, it was pretty snowy outside and so there were very few retirees in attendance.  And those who were there were MUCH OLDER than me.  Nice to be the known as the kid once again, even if just for the evening.  And by the way - yes, I am still bitter about the University of Denver outsourcing the DU Bookstore to Follett Higher Education Group and "retiring" me, but hey, free is free.

No comments:

Post a Comment