Friday, March 21, 2014

I Coulda Been A Contender...


I got a cell phone call at work a few weeks ago, but was in training with my boss at the time, and so decided to let it go to voice mail.  After work, I saw that I had two messages, but when I tried to listen to the second one, I accidentally deleted it.  I retrieved the number from the call log, dialed it, and got the switchboard of the Colorado Rockies Baseball Club.  I told them I was returning their phone call, but was told that if I didn't know who placed the call, they could not help me.  This is devastating news - I am convinced that this was THE CALL, inviting me down to spring training with the Rockies.  Baseball teams are always looking for seasoned pitchers, and anyone who knows me or has read this Blog knows that I am seasoned as hell.  And now I've missed my big chance.  Another promising career dashed before it even began.  

No comments:

Post a Comment