Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Coffee At Starbucks With Valarie


I had coffee with Valarie, my friend and the former DU Bookstore Operations Manager, at the Starbucks on Colfax Avenue here in Denver Sunday afternoon.  It was nice to catch up with Valarie and find out what she has been up to lately.  Plus, I had the chance to describe to her in graphic detail the injury to my forehead I sustained a few weeks ago -  the horrifying fall, the skull hitting the sidewalk, the massive blood loss, crawling on all fours to my place of employment in a desperate attempt to seek help, the emergency brain surgery, or something like that, anyway.  At least that's how I remember it, and if it differs slightly from reality, it is probably due to the aftereffects of the injury.  And as for Valarie, by the way, is doing just fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment